You might have left one of the fields blank, or duplicate commentsI’ve come to see a lot of negative viewpoints being vented across the forums and threads regarding property courses, property investment training and buy to let education. That’s fine – venting seems to be an important part of how the internet is used – but it does seem a shame that with so many positive stories out there, it is the critics who often speak the loudest.
So, here’s a fair warning: this is an extremely positive post about property investment courses and training, in which I list of some of the many benefits of investing in your education.
Before we plough forward, though, remember: not all courses are equal. Use common sense, put in your DD(due diligence), and seek out the longest-standing courses with the best reputations that suit your own personal values. With so much noise out there, make sure that the only advice you take comes from those who have been personally involved in a course, favouring the words of those who have attended in the past or are currently doing so.
The Benefits of Investing in Property Education
1. It stops you spending the money on liabilities (which we all know you probably would have done otherwise).
2. What you learn there will serve you long after the course or training is over.
3. It forces you out of the day-to-day grind and thrusts you into a mindset suitable for visualising and strategizing your future buy to let investments.
4. You can pass on the property knowledge you gain to friends, colleagues, family and social groups, adding value at every step.
5. It only takes you making one new contact or one prospective business or JV partner to make the training worth the money. After all, most property investment courses are as much networking events as they are information mines.
6. Gaining a greater grasp on how buy to let property investment works can increase both your confidence and your self-worth.
7. It can open doors to other avenues of education, increasing your knowledge of finance and personal development.
8. It takes you into a new, vibrant, buzzing environment, away from what is often a culture of complaints, blame and excuses.
9. It can evoke competition, challenge and the accountability to succeed.
10. It can save you costly mistakes, teaching you to be prepared for pitfalls that the uneducated or inexperienced may wander straight into when investing in buy to let property.
11. The more you learn during reputable courses, the more likely you are to earn as a direct result, by creating real income streams.
12. Property investment training can help with budgeting and apportioning your finances more effectively.
13. Entrepreneurs tend to value people who value and invest in themselves, and therefore may be more likely to invest in you.
14. If you attend a course that proved unhelpful, it’s a meaningful lesson about putting in your DD (due diligence).
15. You will meet a community who will encourage you to report back to them with stories of your success.
16. You will meet wealthy, intelligent, inspiring people.
17. Your success and determination will tend to repel those who you aren’t served to socialise and do property investment business with, without the need to be rude to them.
18. The motivation that property investment courses and events can spark inside you is incredible.
19. You will be forced out of your comfort zone, which is essential if you want to progress as both a person and a property investor.
20. Dr David J Lieberman defines happiness as “progress towards a worthwhile goal”. Courses and education that allow you to develop your knowledge and help you on your way towards self-actualisation can therefore legitimately increase your happiness.
21. Quality courses often provide educational material to listen to and study while in the car, on the train, jogging or walking, helping to cement that knowledge in place.
22. You can inspire others, including colleagues, friends, and even your children.
23. You will learn to solve problems in your projects and investments more effectively.
24. The investments you make in property education will encourage you to strive for ROIs.
25. You will gain access to information that most of your peers will not, which can give you a competitive advantage.
26. Even if you get none of this, you will still almost certainly make some great friends. I’d have paid £2k for that in 2005!
27. You will realise that there are other people out there in the world of property investment going through the same experiences as you, while others will already have been there. You don’t have to do it all alone!
28. You can uncover and utilise a proven system for progress, reducing time taken and mistakes made.
In conclusion, as I already stated, this is very much a one-sided list. I have personally invested over £800k with my business partner during the last 11 years, in education, mentorship, courses etc. There have been many kinds of events and groups, mostly good, some ordinary, and occasionally exceptional, and each has taught me something significant.
Every day should be a school day, because there is so much to learn in the exciting, unpredictable world of buy to let property investment. In the end, though, the only way to truly make your mind up about training and courses will be to go along to an event and see what all the fuss is about…
If you would like to learn more or simply ask some questions from those who have taken part in property investment courses and events first-hand, visit the Progressive Property website here or the Facebook page here.